[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Vaya con Džos, Was: too many TLB resize events
- Subject: Vaya con Džos, Was: too many TLB resize events
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 23:28:41 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <383F0D5F.4946E5AA@hotmail.com> <MPG.email@example.com> <383F34E7.9AAAF0A2@hotmail.com> <383F54FE.CC7EB2AC@wellesley.edu> <943851664.727976@clam-55>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:17534
Mark Hadfield (firstname.lastname@example.org) writes:
> And David does it for free!
No, no, ssshhhh. Please, Mark, my wife may be listening. :-)
Which reminds me. I've only been able to spend as much time
here as I do because Dick Jackson, my long-time associate,
has been chained to a desk writing IDL code night and day.
He really is the one you have to thank for all the free help.
Dick has been a huge part of this company's success, but
he has decided the time has finally come for him to head
out on his own and start his own IDL consulting business.
He will be leaving the company and starting his own business
on December 13th, his birthday. He will be sorely missed.
One of the joys of the work I do is seeing people become
successful IDL programmers. Not many are in Dick's league,
to be sure, but we have both learned an awful lot about
IDL programming in the two years we have been working
together, and we have had a lot of fun doing it. I
wish him all the success in the world and welcome
him to the tenuous world of IDL programming consultants.
May our ranks continue to be fruitful and multiply.
P.S. "Life is change," the poet said, but my wife was
more to the point. "You'd better get it in gear," she pointed
out. So--just so I can mark the box on the unemployment
form that says I tried this week--I do make a living
by IDL consulting. Just so you know ... :-)
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: email@example.com
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155