Re: interactive plotting and ps output.

Hi Theo,

I've been working on a program that requires the same sort of plot
manipulation that you describe, and in the process have been forced to
build my own general-purpose object-graphics plot object-widget (that
is, an object-widget that draws customizable plots using object
graphics).  Object graphics simplifies things like data-picking, which
is necessary in order to select components of the plot for modification.

However, I have found that getting plots that are even close to the same
quality as direct-graphics gets extremely tedious.  If the output
quality (ie the publishability of the titles and axes, etc.) is
important to you, you might be better off with a direct-graphics
solution (-that is unless you need fancy 3-d features and lighting
effects as well).

good luck

Brad