Re: plot range in Object Graphics

Brad Gom (b_gom@hotmail.com) writes:

> While I agree that scaling the axes and plot correctly is a pain, and that not scaling
> properly can produce this result, in this case it looks to me like it is a problem with
> version 5.0.  The code below, when used in IDL5.0 exhibits the problem, whereas in
> IDL5.3 it looks fine.

Well, now, *that* I can believe. There were LOTS of
problems with IDL 5.0. These objects weren't really
sorted out until about IDL 5.2.

> > P.S. Please don't implement the Polygon idea.
>
> Don't worry. That's why I spend so much time reading this newsgroup.

Actually, as I was informed just a few minutes ago
by my object graphics angel, that wasn't as bad an
idea as I thought it was. But your planned implementation
was a little shaky. I'm hoping I can write an example
soon to show you what I mean.

> Have you ever used duct-tape to patch a radiator hose so that you can get to work?

Oh, many times. Not only on my old beater of a truck,
but in my IDL programs as well. :-)