mapping borders of countries

The /COUNTRIES keyword for some IDL mapping routines (e.g.,
MAP_CONTINENTS) draws the political boundaries as of 1993.  I think this
data that IDL uses is reformatted from the CIA database for country
borders.  Does anyone know where I could get a more up to date
database?  Does anyone know if RSI will update this database with their
IDL 5.4 release?
It's kind of a shame to have a nice looking map display, but certain
borders are incorrect (out of date).  Thanks.

Tom Spisz
Johns Hopkins University
Applied Physics Lab
tom.spisz@jhuapl.edu