announcement of a IDL library at Forschungszentrum Jülich

The Version 0.9  of our  IDL library is now available on following
address:

http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/idl_icglib/idl_lib_intro.html

The programs below were written by scientific staff of the FZJ (formerly
known as KFA) to evaluate, visualize, und publicate their own scientific
material.
More than 700 routines were considered to be useful for other IDL users.
These routines were equipped with a standard header and have been
submitted to
a FZJ wide available library directory where a html catalog of the
routines is generated once a day for easy access to the routines via the
web. From today
(June 21, 2000) this libary is made available to the public through the
web and in future all new developments will also be published here.
Before you access
please be aware of copyright and licence.

Most routines deal with plotting, text formatting, file I/O, ... and
they were initially designed to provide an easy access to data

Key features of our libary are:

     conversion of IDL variables and structures into html code for
documentation, overviews, and the creation of static data bases.
     access to data files: netCDF, enz, NASA, ...
     plotting
     programming tools
     widgets
     interface to facsimile differential equation solver for chemical
reactions

--
R.Bauer

Institut fuer Stratosphaerische Chemie (ICG-1)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
email: R.Bauer@fz-juelich.de