[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Multiple values from a function?
- Subject: Multiple values from a function?
- From: Simon de Vet <simon(at)mathstat.dal.ca>
- Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 11:07:36 -0300
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: ISINet, Nova Scotia
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:20112
I have a function that does a whole lot (it started out as an
independent program). It works very well when returning one of it's
It also produces a number of other arrays which I'd like to have access
to. Unfortunately, I have discovered that a function can only return
How can I get the other arrays out of it? The code is intertwined, so it
would be hard to break into 2 or 3 independent functions.
Concatenation of arrays is not an option, since they are all of
different sizes. I can get around the problem by doing the calculation
in the main level program instead of in a function, but that's a little
ackward. Looking at the help, structures look like a possibility, but I
don't understand how they work.