[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: passing arguments to a .sav file
- Subject: Re: passing arguments to a .sav file
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 06:12:04 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:20211
> does anyone know whether it's possible to pass arguments to an exported
> .sav idl-runtime file ? I cannot find anything about this in the
> I want to be able to use my idl-program totally not interactive and I
> thought a .sav file would be the best way.
I could be wrong about this, but I don't think you can
pass arguments to a runtime application.
It would certainly be possible for a runtime application
to read, for example, a configuration file that you could
manipulate to get different behavior. But I can't think of
a way to get arguments into the program directly.
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: email@example.com
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155