structure concatenation

I'm trying to concatenate two structures using:

plot_params=[TEMPORARY(plot_params), tmp_struct]

but get:

% Conflicting data structures: TMP_STRUCT,concatenation.

But the structures have exactly the same tag names, and the type of data,
INT, FLOAT, etc, is the same for each tag in both structures.  I even put
a STOP statement before the concatenation to double check the structures.

Am I missing something?
cheers,

telephone: +44 (0)20  7419 3483
home page: http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/~src/

Please e-mail me in plain text ONLY: MS Word, html, etc,
are automatically sent to /dev/null (i.e. deleted).