[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Widget Resize on Mac
- Subject: Re: Widget Resize on Mac
- From: Struan Gray <struan.gray(at)sljus.lu.se>
- Date: 1 Aug 2000 16:18:38 GMT
- Distribution: world
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: This line intentionally left bland
- References: <397E0BBC.E7B5B593@bigelow.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:20577
Ben Tupper, firstname.lastname@example.org writes:
> I think you are resizing the draw_widget
> explicity as opposed to resizing the base_widget.
Yup. Well, I'm changing the draw widget to fill up the resized
base defined by the user via the window manager.
> The value 12 is a surprise
It's been a while since I made up the hack, but I seem to remember
that it didn't make sense to me either. It has worked reliably over
several versions of IDL, from 4 onwards. I first stumbled across it
when trying to get some David F's resizable widgets to look nice: they
always seemed to resize twice over without the Mac-specific tweak.
I've seen the same thing with a program ported from Solaris IDL.
I try to take a teenage attitude to these things (It works!
Cool!) without getting too toddlerish (But why Daddy?
Whyyyyyyyyy????). I think this is why the IDL advanced programmers'
group have never invited me to be a Plenary speaker.
PS: there's a new 'pro' mouse and keyboard from Apple, supposedly
better than the 'orrible ones sold with your G4.