[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
minimum timer event value?
- Subject: minimum timer event value?
- From: Rick Towler <rtowler(at)u.washington.edu>
- Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:27:24 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: The University of Washington
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:20802
Is there a minimum value for the TIMER keyword of Widget_Control?
I can't seem to generate events faster than maybe 2-3 per second
regardless of the value I set TIMER to. I certainly can slow it down
with values of 1,2,5 etc. but values of .3, .1, .01 all seem to create
events of the same delay (around 2-3 per second). I thought that this
may be processor dependent but the program seems to act the same on a
300 MHz laptop and Dual 500 MHz desktop.
Is there a limit to the rate at which IDL can generate TIMER events or
do I have a problem someplace else?