Re: Dynamic menus on base widget using MBAR

Pavel Romashkin (promashkin@cmdl.noaa.gov) writes:

> Menu items then could have
> different Uvalues and be used in the most conventional way in event handlers.

I'm surprised to learn that button UVALUES are the "most
conventional way" to learn which button was selected in
event handlers, since I only rarely use this method. I
prefer to use the button value itself, since this value
is always obvious to me when I look at the button and I
need all the visual clues I can get when I am writing
programs. :-(

But then again, I've always been slightly out of step
with everyone else. It's a burden I've had to bear
all my life. :-)

P.S. Let's just say a vote from me in any election
is almost a kiss of death. :-(