[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Problem using sav files.
- Subject: Re: Problem using sav files.
- From: "Liam Gumley" <Liam.Gumley(at)ssec.wisc.edu>
- Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:41:14 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University of Wisconsin, Madison
- References: <39C9FFCA.138B6B3D@fz-juelich.de>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:21479
Theo Brauers <email@example.com> wrote in message
> My program is an widget driven i/o interface for FACSIMILE. It
> consists of about 400 functions/routines. When I compile the
> whole thing using resolve_all it works fine in this IDL session.
> However, when I save the thing ( easy.sav ) and restart IDL using
> the easy.sav file it worked fine for a while, then the thing
> crashes IDL totally during operation even when I use the same
> input data. Restarting IDL with sav file: crash. Restarting
> IDL with source compiled: OK. Save and restart: Crash. Rebooting
> and repeating gives the same result. I can also reproduce this
> behaviour on a different machine, with different user profile.
> I had the same behaviour with a previous version of the program
> which crashed in the same way at a different location in the
> program but I cannot reproduce this again :-|
It's probably a long shot, but instead of using RESOLVE_ALL, have you tried
compiling only your procedures and functions, and saving them? In other
words, allowing the built-in routines to compile at runtime?