Re: Problem using sav files.

Liam Gumley wrote:

> It's probably a long shot, but instead of using RESOLVE_ALL, have you tried
> compiling only your procedures and functions, and saving them? In other
> words, allowing the built-in routines to compile at runtime?
>
> Cheers,
> Liam.

Thanks for your advice: When I compiled my program I excluded already about 50
routines (mainly from our libary) which are never reached in this application

    excluded=['DL_MAC','DL_VMS', 'SETLOG', 'DELLOG' $
        , 'NCDF_G','NCDF_GR', ....... , 'CT_YELLOW_RED_BLUE_GREEN_BLACK' $
        , 'ENL_OPLOT' ]

routines from the RSI\IDL53\lib directory

    excluded = [ excluded $
        , 'DOC_LIBRARY' $
        , 'IDL_CRANK' $
        , 'MK_HTML_HELP' $
        , 'RESOLVE_ALL' $
        , 'XDISPLAYFILE' $
        , 'XMANAGER' $
        , 'CONGRID' $
        , 'CORRELATE' $
        , 'CW_BGROUP' $
        , 'CW_FIELD' $
        , 'FILEPATH' $
        , 'INTERPOL' $
        , 'LS2FIT' $
        , 'MOMENT' $
        , 'MEAN' $
        , 'POLY' $
        , 'POLY_FIT' $
        , 'REVERSE' $
        , 'RSTRPOS' $
        , 'R_CORRELATE' $
        , 'STR_SEP' $
        , 'UNIQ'     ]

    RESOLVE_ALL, SKIP_ROUT=excluded

The problem remains the same. When I skip resolve_all
and compile the whole thing during the the run for one data
set it works fine for this set. When I SAVE/EXIT/START/RESTORE
it crashes IDL again. :-|

Thanks for your help.
Cheers Theo

Dr. Theo Brauers
Institut fuer Atmosphaerische Chemie (ICG-3)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
52425 JUELICH, Germany
Tel. +49-2461-61-6646    Fax. +49-2461-61-5346
http://www.kfa-juelich.de/icg/icg3/MITARBEITER/th.brauers.html