Re: object wizards

David Fanning wrote:

> Bernard Puc (bpuc@va.aetc.com) writes:
>
> >       Apparently, an array created with objarr() can only store one type of
> > object.  And thats consistent with arrays of structures.  But, I want to
> > store several different objects together somehow in a single variable.
> > A structure doesn't work since I have a variable number of objects to
> > store.  Therefore, is the only way to do this with an array of pointers,
> > where each pointer references an object reference?
>
> Why would you think this!? This simple test works well:
>
> IDL> a=objarr(2)
> IDL> a[0] = Obj_New('idlgrSurface')
> IDL> a[1] = Obj_New('idlgrPlot')
>
> An object reference is an object reference. I can't see
> how ObjArr or anyone else can object. :-)

Yep, you're absolutely right.  I was misinterpreting the IDL error
message.  The problem I'm having is that I am defining an object with
one of the data elements initialized as an objarr(1).  Then, later on I
am trying to append another object onto that array.  I think what I need
is a pointer to the object array.

--
Bernard Puc                     AETC, INC.
bpuc@va.aetc.com                1225 Jefferson Davis Highway #800