[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
HDF data types on UNIX and windows
- Subject: HDF data types on UNIX and windows
- From: "Henk" <deckard_007(at)deja.com>
- Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 14:44:47 +0200
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: BELNET
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:21883
I have this HDF file with vgroups and vdata. I can open and view the
contents via scispy (although it crashes a lot!), but not via IDL. I first
used my own program (didn't work) and afterwards the HDF_BROWSER. They both
complain about 'Unsupported or unknown HDF data type (16389)'. I'm using
IDL5.3 on HP-UX 10.20 .
Also the java hdf-viewer from ncsa does not work.
Has anyone encountered this kind of problem ? Any tips ? Scispy says the
datatype is 'Little Endian 32-bit floating point type'.