Re: IDL 5.4 Stability

Well,  I'm still using 5.0.2, circa mid 1997.  It's hard to know what the
"best" version for one's particular feature needs and stability is.  Maybe we
should have a vote as to what the best version of IDL is, taking into account
both features and stability. Since I haven't (I hate to admit it) gotten into
object graphics yet, I don't consider that functionality to be important
right now.