Re: IDL 5.4 Stability

Med Bennett (mbennett@indra.com) writes:

> Well,  I'm still using 5.0.2, circa mid 1997.  It's hard to know what the
> "best" version for one's particular feature needs and stability is.  Maybe we
> should have a vote as to what the best version of IDL is, taking into account
> both features and stability. Since I haven't (I hate to admit it) gotten into
> object graphics yet, I don't consider that functionality to be important
> right now.

I had the pleasure of seeing the circa 1988 IDL DOS PC (Alpha)
version running yesterday. Still plugging away, acquiring
data from 7 pin-hole cameras talking pictures of the
heart. (The gated blood pool images of the heart distributed
with IDL came from these early research results, I believe.)

I'd have to vote for that as the most stable alpha version
of IDL of all time. :-)