Re: projecting a PLOT onto wall of SURACE

With a little help from the t3d procedure:
surface, your_data, /save
    ; saves it's transformation matrix to !p.t
t3d, /yzexch
    ; exchanges the y and z axes of the transformation
plot, your_subset, /t3d, /noerase, zvalue=1
    ; 1 should be the "back wall"

I cannot get the plot axes to overlap exactly with the surface axes,
somehow. But I could move it around using the "position" keyword.
I personally find the page titled "Three-Dimensional Graphics" in the (5.3)
online help rather useful. It comes with an example of how the surface
routine uses t3d.

Cheers,
  Jaco

8uobgl$dt1$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8uobgl$dt1$1@nnrp1.deja.com...