FSC_surface and xsurface under LINUX/IDL5.3

This is a question that I probably should have put to David alone, but it
could be a general object graphics problem under LINUX. So here goes:

I have been using David Fanning's object graphics surface plotting routines,
xsurface and recently fsc_surface, under Win-NT4 with no problems; however
under Linux and IDL5.3 the resizing feature seems to not work. The plotted
window 'wants' to be one size no matter how big or small you make the window
frame. All other features seem to work well.

Has anyone had similar problems with IDL under LINUX? Does anyone know of a
solution?

IDL5.3
LINUX -- REDHAT 6.1, I think

Thanks,