Re: IDLWAVE 4.6

Craig Markwardt (craigmnet@cow.physics.wisc.edu) writes:

> I have to admit though that I'm a bit baffled by all the options in
> these newer versions.  I can figure out the Routine Info things, and
> eventually I will get my preferences plugged in there (finally I know
> how to indent my main levels to 2 characters)!

Martin Schultz was visiting here over the weekend, so
he helped me screw my courage up to try another Linux
installation on my portable computer. (And that actually
went well, thank goodness.) But we decided to take
advantage of a perfect Colorado day and go skiing instead
of getting the IDLWAVE mode installed, so I'm doing this
on my own. :-(

So what I'm thinking is, maybe JD and Carsten can have
a sort of "idiot's tutorial" here. Of course, I'm not
advanced enough to even get into *that* class, but I
promise to save all the posts and study them diligently,
and try to learn something about this thing everyone
raves about. :-)

P.S. And I don't know what is going on with my computer
these days. First, I can't get into the JHUAPL FTP site
and then when I tried to ftp IDLWAVE 4.6 this morning,
I got put into some kind of infinite loop that soaked
up all my CPU cycles. Couldn't even get CTL-ALT-DELETE
to do anything. In other words, this is going just about
the way I expected. :-(