Re: IDLWAVE 4.6

Hi Carsten and JD,

This little script, and JD's similar one, was indeed the kind of thing
I was looking for.

I am certainly comfortable in Emacs, and have tried my hand at
programming elisp.  However, as with anything very powerful and
configurable, you end up with too much power and too many
configurations!  Part of the problem is just knowing where to start.

The same goes for my IDL programming.  I look back at my early
programs and they look very arcane and kludgey by my (present day)
standards, mostly because I didn't know how to harness the power of
IDL as well.

Sometimes I need a little mothering ...  (sniff) Also, I think I'm
getting old enough that the curmudgeon factor is starting to play a
role.  If those two aren't mutually exclusive.

The current IDLWAVE documentation appears to be excellent, however
it's mostly reference material.  The IDLWAVE Nutshell documentation is
primarily a command summary.  If you could put a suitably merged
version of your tutorials in the documentation, perhaps as "Getting
Started," that would be great.

Craig