Re: Newbie needs help...

Bruce Bowler (bbowler@bigelow.org) writes:

> As I hit the ground, I realized that displaying the data and extracting
> the data value at some lat/lon are 2 entirely different processes.  I
> can use Liam's image_map to display it and came up with clever (but as
> yet untested) way to extract the data.

*Now* you are on the path! :-)

Too many people, I think, fail to make the distinction
between the *display* of their data, and the data itself.
They are almost never the same thing. If you can keep
the distinction clear, and always have a way to get
to the real data in your program, then you have a chance
at doing real science. The rest is just MSNBC graphics. :-)