Re: Many procedures, what to do?

No, it will not, but are you on 5.2? I personally dislike version
checking for the purpose of disabling some portions of the code :-( But
a library saved as .sav will not open in earlier versions anyway. Isn't
this what you want to do? Save all routines in a .sav, then call it by
the name and they all instantly become available (to those lucky ones
who happen to have the same IDL version :-)

Cheers,
Pavel