Re: An IDL STRTOK??? Was: TextoIDL Broken and Gone?

Nice pages - I did look at those originally.  There are a couple of important
problems though.

You are distributing the separate routines, but have a broken link to the
tarball (the preferred method of downloading).  So I missed the little "source
code" links in the separate routine pages, after finding the main download link
didn't work.  How about tarring up those rouintes and providing a local link to
the tarball? :)

Most importantly however, some information is required on your page that states
you are distributing modified versions of the routines - they say v1.2 but they
*aren't*.  I have the original version 1.2 distribution and it isn't the same
(mine has the strtok problem).  Maybe call yours 1.21?

This is kinda important because I (and other new users) who are unfamiliar with
the strtok debacle will not know that the 1.2 distribution floating around is
different to yours, which contains renamed functions.

I didn't know the problem was strtok, so wasted 2 hours trying to read the code
for bugs. :-(

If we're worried about breaking the law here by first asking for Matt's
permission, well as far as i can see, the copyright doesn't belong to Matt
anyway.  So since Joern is already distributing.... ;)

Craig - I saw your offer.  Maybe if Joern doesn't want to fix up the versioning
you could and redistribute on your page?

cheers, nick.