Re: IDL Documentation tool?

Daniel Luebbert wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to generate a documentation for a large bunch of IDL
> programs of mine,
> so that someone else could easily understand and use them.
> Does anyone know of a program, PERL script, commercial tool or whatever
> else
> which could generate a complete documentation from the source code?
>
> It should certainly include a list of routines in each file, with the
> respective arguments and keywords,
> and also extra any header documentation like "doc_library" does.
> But ideally it should also analyze which other routines each file uses,
> maybe detect common block incompatibilities,
> etc., etc...

Please have a look at the result of my catalog routine (unix/linux
the windows version has some restrictions)

http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/idl_icglib/idl_source/idl_html/idl_work_libraries.htm

The examples are extracted and you got them by clicking to the diamond
symbol.

The database card icon is used to see all routines each routine used.
Additional these files could be downloaded as tar.gz file or IDL 5.3 SAV
file.
(The windows Version is not able to tar gz)

If your mouse is over one of the routine names you will see the calling
sequence
If you click on the routine you get a separate window with the routine
from it's
orginial place. (or into idlde, this belongs to the settings of your
browser I prefer
IDL_SOURCE connected to the navigator)

Any failure in the header or if a routine doesn't compile is sampled in
a separate html file of each owner of the file. The author will be
informed
by email automaticly.

Please have a look to my reply too.
Re: check for duplicate routine names?

The catalog routines are written in IDL.

For further routines and licensing please look first at
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/idl_icglib/idl_lib_intro.html

http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/idl_icglib/idl_source/idl_html/dbase/download/catalog.tar.gz
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/idl_icglib/idl_source/idl_html/dbase/download/catalog_db.tar.gz

More descrioptions of html and idl you will get in my publication
http://www.fz-juelich.de/zb/text/publikation/juel3786.html

regards
Reimar

--
Reimar Bauer

Institut fuer Stratosphaerische Chemie (ICG-1)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
email: R.Bauer@fz-juelich.de

a IDL library at ForschungsZentrum Jülich
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/idl_icglib/idl_lib_intro.html