How to pick a window?

Hi,
I am trying to find out which idl window I clicked on (ie, selected) if
I have a number of them on the screen. I want to feed that back into a
routine that then goes and does something depending on which window I
click on. I am using the "old fashioned" windows created with 'window',
rather than these new fangled "widget windows". Is here a solution or do
I have to use widgets? I am using idl 5.4 in a unix environment. Maybe I
can get the window manager to say something to idl?

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Andrew

Sent via Deja.com