[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: How to pick a window?
- Subject: Re: How to pick a window?
- From: "Mark Hadfield" <m.hadfield(at)niwa.cri.nz>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 14:30:50 +1300
- Cache-Post-Path: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: NIWA
- References: <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23190
"AM" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
> I am trying to find out which idl window I clicked on (ie, selected) if
> I have a number of them on the screen. I want to feed that back into a
> routine that then goes and does something depending on which window I
> click on. I am using the "old fashioned" windows created with 'window',
> rather than these new fangled "widget windows". Is here a solution or do
> I have to use widgets?
I think you do have to use widgets. Check out David Fanning's WWW site. Read
his book. Read the WIDGET_BASE documentation and pay special attention to
> I am using idl 5.4 in a unix environment. Maybe I
> can get the window manager to say something to idl?
I am sure it already does. But can you get IDL to listen to it?
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research
PO Box 14-901, Wellington, New Zealand