Re: Hi, My Name is David. And I'm a Lurker

In article <MPG.14dabaddb4dbb4be989d39@news.frii.com>,
  davidf@dfanning.com (David Fanning) wrote:
> Here's the deal. You don't even have to ask an
> IDL question. Just give us your first name and
> tell us where you live. Throw in the name of your
> dog if you feel like really living dangerously.
> Just a note to let us know you are out there.

I confess to lurk. I lurk therefore I might be.

Currently residing at/near 52N 13', 004E 29'. I'll let you try to guess
the nearest town.

No dogs, but one cat, who answers principally to "FOOD!!!", and
occasionally to "Psyd!" (silent 'P', as in swimming pool). He's black
and white.

Been using PVWave for ~10 yrs, IDL for ~5 - fluent in both, still using
both. Read the newsgroup sporadically (when time doesn't permit), but
always learning new techniques (thanks R. Kling for the intro to DLM).
I prefer to use the command line on an OpenVMS system (only reliable OS
I've encountered) but being migrated (forcibly) to Unix (one small step
for man, one giant leap backwards for kindliness to a man - backwards
in reliability, maintainability, usability) but relieved that it wasn't
windows.

> There will be two enormous benefits from this
> thread. Those of us who do spend quite a bit
> of time answering questions here can take
> great satisfaction and three bucks and get
> a latte at Starbucks. And people who hit that
> SEND button will discover that your fingers
> don't fall off, nor are you electrocuted when
> you do it. So a big Win/Win for everyone. :-)

Ok. here's the latte loot: "$$$", don't spend it all at once.

Sorry, I prefer the term "VMS/VMS" to win/win!

Regards,

Hugh

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/