Re: IDL and Mac OS 9.1

In article <gurman-3BF63C.23443318032001@news.crosslink.net>,
 "Joseph B. Gurman" <gurman@ari.net> wrote:

>In article <B6DA440F.A1A%rqfugate@mindspring.com>, Bob Fugate
><rqfugate@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>    Bob -
>
>    We have IDL 5.4 running with a USB HASP on a G4 Cube under 9.1, and
>it has no problem with Ethernet --- we use the 10/100 port for both
>AppleTalk and TCP/IP. (That's two closets, David: Mac and a Cube to
>boot.)
>
>    Although we have other Mac OS 9.1 boxes, I don't believ any of the
>others has a USB HASP (typical situation is a Griffin Technologies ADB
>to USB adapter and an old ADB HASP).
>
>    HTH,
>
>                  Joe Gurman

I am successfully using MacOS 9.1 (from 9.1 installer CD) with IDL 5.4 and USB
hasp (with MacHaspUsbDD dated 1998 Nov 6 in the Extensions folder).  Perhaps
disable other USB extensions (like Iomega ones) and see if there is a conflict.
Perhaps try the development version of Apple's USB software
<http://developer.apple.com/hardware/usb/index.html>.

[Not related to your problem: only stumble I had going to 9.1 was having to move
MetroWerks MSL libraries over from my 8.6 folder for Java to call dynamic
cdfNativeLibrary.]

Bobby

--
Robert.M.Candey@gsfc.nasa.gov           1-301-286-6707 (286-1771 fax)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Code 632