Re: IDL and Mac OS 9.1

Bobby, Joe, and David,

Thanks for the help. I had already tried disabling all other non-Apple USB
extensions without effect. Following your suggestion, Bobby, I did download
the development version of the USB software (ver 1.4.7f2, modified Nov 29,
2000; but apparently there is a version 1.5?) and replaced the extensions
they suggested. At first test it seems to have solved the problem! Ethernet
is back with the HASP enabled. I need to use it a bit to see that some other
problem hasn't replaced this one, but I am hopeful.

Bobby, if I could trouble you to look at one of your USB extensions
installed from the 9.1 CD, 'USB Device Extension', what version is it and
what is the creation date? The version I replaced was 1.4.6 created Oct 17,
2000.

This seems like a really great group. I have been reading the posts. I hope
I can live up to its standards in my quest to be a better IDL programmer.

I gather from David's comments there are some friendly (I presume)
discussions and preferences over operating systems.  And David, I just
purchased the second edition of your book. I also have Ronn Kling's book.
Does he frequent the group?

Thanks again,

Bob Fugate