Re: Cant find functions in lib

In article <MPG.1536350bbbff2315989dce@news.frii.com>, David Fanning
<davidf@dfanning.com> wrote:

> Yes, it has to be LAST, but really only if you want it
> to work all of the time. :-)

I have never understood the reason(s) for this, and find it somewhat
inconvenient.  If I have (say) a procedure and a few related functions
that I would logically keep in the same file, it also seems logical to
me to put the "main" procedure (the one whose name matches the
filename) at the beginning of the file, rather than burying it at then
end.  Why doesn't IDL simply compile everything in a file?  What value
does the user get from stopping the compilation part of the way through
a file?  (Aside from confusing newbies, of course, which has, at least,
mild entertainment value.)

Ken