[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
why is using objects so much slower ?
- Subject: why is using objects so much slower ?
- From: "Henkie" <deckard_007nospam(at)deja.com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 07:00:48 +0100
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: BELNET
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24425
because I love object oriented programming, I decided to try the objects in
IDL too. However, when using the objects to plot some of my stuff, it
turned out to be soooooo sloooow. Really, I mean a factor of 10 or so, and
I wasn't doing anything funky. Is this normal behaviour ? I'm actually
quite disappointed about it that I can not use it this way. I must add that
IDL on our HP9000 system isn't a speed champion (let alone the awfull
pseudo-coloring : oops, my program ate all my colors), but at least it was