[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: AAARGH!!! IDL5.2 crashes with CALL_EXTERNAL
- Subject: Re: AAARGH!!! IDL5.2 crashes with CALL_EXTERNAL
- From: "Mark Rivers" <rivers(at)cars.uchicago.edu>
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:42:53 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: The University of Chicago
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24705
StefanoM wrote in message <email@example.com>...
>AAARGH!!! IDL 5.2 crashes every time I try to call a DLL subroutine with
>I've try to compile the examples given with the IDL distribution (both C
>Fortran) without success.
>I've also try to use the DLM utility (idl_tools.dlm) written by Ronn Kling,
>that gives a direct access to the routines in a DLL (without having to deal
>with a wrapper routine) via the interface EXTPROC_DEFINE, but the result
>doesn't change: IDL crashes even when I try to access a system DLL.
>I'm drive to think that there is a bug in the version 5.2.
>Does anybody succeded to use CALL_EXTERNAL with this version of IDL?
Tell us a little more. What platform are you running on, what compiler,
I certainly have used IDL 5.2 with CALL_EXTERNAL with no problems.