IDLDE Macros (was: google search postings)

"Reimar Bauer" <r.bauer@fz-juelich.de> wrote in message
3B25B88B.CED7EE00@fz-juelich.de">news:3B25B88B.CED7EE00@fz-juelich.de...
> Stein Vidar Hagfors Haugan wrote:
> >
> > Ahh... Thanks for pointing this out.. Gave me a chance to go back to the
> > "really old days", and I found an old "IDL wish list" I wrote in 1995
(along
> > the lines of the "top ten wishes for IDL in the next release"):
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > 3. Possibility of Macros (nope!)
>
> I would say (Check!). If you are using idlde you can use idl macros.
> I have some written e.g. export_html,%s,name=%_'%s%_'

My favorite is my Ctrl-Shift-X, to execute a selected line of code:

ignoredResult = Execute("%s")

I know, IDLWAVE-Shell users have had this and much more for years! Recall
that I'm the one *still* trying to get a command-line IDL for Windows so I
can use IDLWAVE-Shell... %^\

-Dick

Dick Jackson                   /            dick@d-jackson.com
D-Jackson Software Consulting /       http://www.d-jackson.com
Calgary, Alberta, Canada     / +1-403-242-7398 / Fax: 241-7392