volume slicing

I have only been working with IDL for a few weeks and have run into a
problem I could use some help on.  We are trying to get different cross
sections from a volume, and would like to be able to specify our slicing
plane with Miller indices.  I was wondering if there is a function similar
to extract_slice that we could use to do this, or if anyone knows where I
could find some code that would convert our input into the proper form and
call extract_slice internally.

Thank You,

Herb Mullens
AFRL/MLLMD