[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Satellite image remapping
- Subject: Satellite image remapping
- From: "Sean Raffuse" <sean(at)me.wustl.edu>
- Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 12:46:56 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Washington University
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:25511
Hello, I just found out about this newsgroup. I think it will be a godsend.
Anyway, I'm just getting started with IDL. I have done a few things in the
past few months and am working up to a major project. I know there is an
extensive amount of code out there so maybe my problem is already solved.
What I am doing is remapping satellite images, specifically full-disk images
from a GOES satellite. These images are not internally georeferenced.
However, there is available a navigation file which gives the lat/lon for
each pixel. What I would like to do is remap this image onto a flat
projection. I know I can do it with a brute force method, but I have the
sneaky suspicion that this sort of thing has been done before. Does anyone
have any experience in this arena? I would be thrilled.
Center for Air Pollution Impact and Trends Analysis