Re: Projects, anyone?

> Yes, it is definitely worth it. Very nice. But don't
> put *ANY* spaces in *ANY* filenames! :-)

I reported a problem with spaces in file names (well, directory names) to
RSI quite early in the IDL 5.3 beta period. I thought they were going to fix
it (it wouldn't be DIFFICULT after all) but their fix was to put a note in
the documentation. I'm boycotting projects until they do better than this!
Seriously, I am not sure that projects would be of much use to a stand-alone
scientist like me but they look very useful for people who want to
distribute bundled applications.

---
Mark Hadfield
m.hadfield@niwa.cri.nz  http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield/
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research
PO Box 14-901, Wellington, New Zealand