Re: Expanding IDL's list of approved image formats

Michael Cugley (mjcugley@medphys.dundee.ac.uk) writes:

> Well, yes.  To rephrase what I meant [which may not be what I *wrote* :)], I've
> written a routine to load ACR/NEMA files, but it sure would be convenient to be
> able to tell IDL about my nice new READ_ACRNEMA function so that, say, the
> DIALOG_READ_IMAGE popup will show ACR/NEMA files as "images".  As it stands it
> looks like I'm going to have to add my own cludgy routine after the fact, or
> rewrite QUERY_IMAGE or something.

Leaving aside my feelings for Dialog_Read_Image, I don't
think it would be a huge job to write a QUERY_NEMA program
that would work with it. The code (if you can call it that)
is there for you to work with.

> > It is a shame there isn't a public repository of IDL code to read/write these
> > obscure but 'standard' formats.
>
> We shall have to make one...

I would be more than happy to host a repository, so long as it
is crystal clear to the contributors and the users that I an
NOT in the business of supporting the code that resides there. :-)