Re: 6-1-75-6 W5M --> LOCAL GRID

Ben,

Could you point me to the site where I may find out more about the
conversion porgram that you mention?

As per Martin Trobec's posted reply, there seems to be a program one can
buy. However, I will like to see if the conversion program you mention will
do the job or not.

Thanks,
MC

"Ben Tupper" <btupper@bigelow.org> wrote in message
3AC09909.5241880A@bigelow.org">news:3AC09909.5241880A@bigelow.org...
> Hi Mark,
>
> I have not heard of such a system of conversions,... but, it's not clear
> to me what the 'land' coordinates of points A, B and C mean.  There is
> code to convert between Lon/Lat in decimal degrees to UTM coords in
> meters.  From the UTM coordinate system you can then get relative
> range/azimuth values between the points.  You might even be able to
> translate the UTM coords to the Canadian equivalent of the US State
> Plane coordinate systems.
>
> Perhaps you could provide more details about these coordinate systems.
>
> Ben
>
> Mark Chan wrote:
> >
> > GIVEN:
> > Point A @ 6-1-75-6 W5M (Take this to be the origin. Some where in