Re: PostScript with smooth lines from object graphics?

"Pavel A. Romashkin" <pavel.romashkin@noaa.gov> wrote in message news:<3B5D9DC5.8A614B09@noaa.gov>...
> While we are on this lovely subject, I'll ask a ? too. How does OG
> create a PS vector output so that the entire rendered OG visual is one
> object? What I mean, when you draw to PS device from DG and open it in a
> vector image application like Illustrator, you can access individual
> characters, axes, plots etc. When you use clipboard object with /Vector,
> everything is together and there seems to be no way to separate PS
> items. This in fact limited my use of OG, so I had to write something up
> to dump the results of OG visual into DG and then use the PS device.
> Of course, all the above stems from my lack of dedication to make IDL
> figures perfectly fitted for publications. While it is ok to write code
> for data *analyses*, I dislike re-writing the code to try to get correct
> CMYK output and scale figures. There are programs that allow a lot more
> intuitive control of that.
> Cheers,
> Pavel

This is probably due to OG generating Encapsulated PostScript, while
DG generates PostScript, and EPS if you ask for it.  I'm guessing that
your image application is treating the EPS file as a single object.
Maybe it has a feature/option to let you edit the EPS?  If you know
enough PostScript, you might be able to edit the file to convert it
from EPS to PS or find a tool to do that.  I've seen PS->EPS
converters.

Karl