Re: It costs how much?!!?!

I've kept out of all the unix bashing that has rolled through the
newsgroup today... too busy reading Ronn's new book :)

I've saved a few of the better posts for posterity...  A comment to those
who are struggling with Linux.  Truth be told, the Linux OS is exceedingly
logical-- far more so that Windows or the MacOS because you have complete
control of everything and all the files are human readable ASCII.  While I
agree that it will take some time to *understand* these human readable,
ASCII files (many of which are in /etc for those who haven't found them
yet) after 6 months of using unix, you'll find it difficult to go back to
windows and the "notorious blue screen of death."  If you haven't already
found help with Linux, I suggest you look at www.linuxdoc.org as they have
an excellent source of online books and HOWTOs...

David, you don't even need to ask... all the documentation you need is
available online in point-&-click HTML http://www.linuxdoc.org :)

Randall

PS: For those who remember what the original intent of the "It costs how
much?!!?!" thread, I brought up the Visual Numerics student licensing of
PV-WAVE with the sales people at RSI and after two days they have yet to
get back to me with comments.  I'm not overly optimistic at this point.