Re: It costs how much?!!?!

"Pavel A. Romashkin" <pavel.romashkin@noaa.gov> writes:
> My experience with open source software is limited, and negative. I see
> Linux used more and more and have nothing against it (except that it
> "takes professional help" to set it up, like nothing else I know of that
> makes your computer screen light up, even DOS), but the commercial OSes
> do it for me so far. Adobe, IDL, and even Microsoft (sometimes) software
> works on my PC, my Macs and HP UX. And emacs that I tried... forget it,
> I better switch topics :-(

I'm glad you have an opinion.  However please consider the difference
between the open source "dogma" and open source in practical terms.
When you find an IDLGrLegend bug, you at least would have the
*potential* of looking at the underlying source code and might be able
to fix it.  Contrast this with RSI/Kodak, where you never know if your
bug report will be prioritized away.

Okay, I agree, enough said,  [ having had the last word :-]
Craig